Sunday, September 6, 2009

Make it Perfect - Versatile Wrap




I've been really bad and neglecting my blog whilst having to complete a full time work placement for uni - now it's finished I've actually got some time to sew again.

I've made something for myself that fits great, I love the look of and I actually wore out in public! It's the Make it Perfect the Versatile Wrap. Whilst on holidays in Queensland I bought this gorgeous cotten sateen with this skirt in mind - the contrast trim in a cotten poplin. It was really easy to make (even drafting up the pattern) and took me one afternoon from drawing up the pattern to finishing it off. I have plans to make a heap more of these.


I wore the skirt out to morning tea with a few friends and they asked where I had got my gorgeous skirt from - I nearly fell over with shock but was quite chuffed that they thought it was that good. In the picture dd is modelling it for me as it is somewhat difficult to take photos's of myself (lacking a full length mirror and dh off at work) Please excuse the wrinkles too - I didn't get time to iron it as the sun was soon setting and I wanted to get the photos done.

5 comments:

Claire said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this skirt & the fabric is just STUNNING!!!

willow and moo said...

Great skirt! That fabric is just perfect for it!

Marie said...

wow, that looks fantastic.

mistyeiz said...

OMG!!!!! fabbo, hun!!!! :) love how u've positioned the pattern too. :D nice work!

mistyeiz @ yvy

Sarz said...

Hi. you have made a lot of cool stuff. i like the giraffe and that dress is sooo pretty. you need to make me one!!!!! or mabye you could help me make a skirt or dress to enter in the Ag-Show.. i hope my Bob in Lace fish will win in the lace section. 50 bobbins........ bye