Sunday, September 27, 2009

Tangled threads

As my overlocker does not have a cover, every time the ceiling fans are turned on the threads get blown around and become tangled together - this usually means that I have to re-thread the entire machine, which drives me a little insane. So, this weekend I thought I'd make it it's very own cover from a lot left over scraps from making the girls things - hence the abundance of pink. I saw a similar cover someone had made, but for the life of me I cannont remember whose blog it was. The cover is made up of 2inch squares and then finished with a border and backing fabric, with ribbon ties to hold it on. Not perfect but I'm happy enough with the result. I don't know how anyone can manage to line small squares up perfectly but it obviously can be done. Please excuse the grimy table - it used to be our camping table but I "borrowed" it and it is now mine. Its actually clean but I just cannot get the marks out of it.






As well as sewing I have been wanting to try out this recipe that Gilly posted on the Craftymamas forum. It is for milo scones and they were delicious - its hard to stop at just one. If you want the recipe head over to Gilly's blog.




And finally, just because they look so pretty, some photos's of the flowers I picked from our garden this morning. I must be getting old as I can't remember the name of these either.












No comments: