Monday, January 4, 2010

Amy Butler Sophia Carryall

Part of the Twelve projects in twelve month challenge is to blog about the progress of what you are making. I was making great strides in getting this done but have hit a wall as I need a 22 inch bag zip to put in at this stage - the only problem being there is nowhere here in town to buy zips (or anything other than the basic sewing items that the local supermarket supplies.) So whilst I'm waiting for Spotlight to send a zipper out in the mail I'll work on the lining for the bag. I'm still hoping to finish in time if it gets here before the end of the week.




Whilst on the subject of WIP I was not entirely craft free while in Perth. I thought I'd take advantage of the fact that my mum was staying with me and got her to help me with my first full scale crochet project - an afgan made out of granny squares. I don't know why but for some reason I have never been able to work out how to crochet (and I have been trying for years...) when it just clicked. I bought a copy of the Happy Hooker, some thick yarn and a large crochet hook and finally got the idea of what I needed to do. The afgan is almost done as I only have the finally round of crocheting to go on a couple of squares and then I can put it all together. Then it can sit around and look pretty until it gets cold around here (which will probably be around June for a period of a week or so - at least it won't wear out from overuse lol.)


1 comment:

Gill - That British Woman said...

I love the fabric that you used just gorgeous,

Gill in Canada