Monday, February 1, 2010

January challenge - better late than never?

Ok it done, two days late but for me that's almost on time. I think I was being too optomistic when I thought that I'd get it done in time, 2 weeks in Bali and a zip that did not turn up until the day we were heading out the door should have made me realise, but here it is anyhow.

Pattern: Amy Butler Sophia Carryall
Fabric: Jane Sassaman Prairie Gothic range.




I'm having a love/hate relationship with this bag. I really like the fabric but I'm not sure that I like it made up as this bag. I originally wanted the Teasel & Lace fabric in Midnight but it was all sold out so I went with this - I think I should have persevered in looking a bit longer for the other fabric.

The bag went together quite easily though it is the most structured bag that I have made and the base was somewhat of a challenge. I also made the lining slightly too large and had to adjust it to fit. The bag actually holds a fair amount and I think I might actually have a go at trying the Weekender bag next - but that can wait a little while...

Next up - February challenge - something in knit. I think I'll make something for me again!

4 comments:

Mel said...

A great January challenge completed :)

Sarah. Splish Splash Designs said...

The bag looks great! Well done :)

Marie said...

I think it looks fantastic. I wish I could get off my butt and sew myself a bag.

johanna said...

Thanks ladies
I think its growing on me and am pretty pleased with how much stuff I can fit in it