Thursday, July 28, 2011

Ottobre 3/2007 Sleeveless Hooded Jacket

I don't sew much winter clothing as the weather here is rarely cold but we've had a cool year and Jess has grown out of any warm clothing that she did have. Rather than go all out and make her a jumper I thought that the Ottobre sleeveless jacket would get more use being a somewhat transitional piece. I cut out and made up the 170cm size ( the largest the pattern goes up to). I thought that the largest size would be fine but failed to take into account that Jess is now taller than me at 171cm. Therefore the jacket was actaully a tad too small and ended up being given to Sarah.















The main fabric is a Cotton lycra French Terry and the binding fabric a cotton lycra blend, both of which I purchased from Crafty Mamas. This was an easy and quick sew my only frustration being that I could not get the plastic snaps I bought for it to stay together. I've decided to leave it without any closures.

2 comments:

willow and moo said...

Jo, that looks great! Nice to see some sewing. :)

johanna said...

Thanks Sara - its been a while!