Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

and hopefully a better blogging year! Obviously I'm not the greatest blogger and over the last few moths have thought about why I have a blog. My main purpose was to keep a record of the things I've made this year but between work, family committments and the random accidents I seem to be a magnet for my blogging has fallen by the wayside.


Whilst I actually finished this Ottobre Women skirt a few weeks ago I'll post it now to start off a new year of blogging. I originally intended to make it for myself, but somewhere between measuring myself and reading the pattern sizing I cut out a skirt that just fits my reed thin twelve year old daughter - hmm ....not sure where I went wrong there (wishful thinking maybe?)







It's the denim skirt from Ottobre Woman issue 05-2008-2. Its made out of a cotton drill that I purchased from Crafty Mamas a while back and has been sitting in the stash. The directions were quite clear and easy to follow though I attached the waistband differently to how was described in the pattern instructions. Size -??probably the smallest, lol.
Oops - can still see the guide lines I drew on for the top stitching - I wanted to get a photo of this before the clouds and rain set in again. Looking at the skirt now I wish I had of gotten some buttons for the two front and back pockets - I think it would have given a better overall finish to the skirt.
I'm working on my first quilt at the moment so will hopefully have something to show before I head off to Tassie with the family in a weeks time - I'm looking forward to some nice cold weather - which may sound crazy to most but living here in the tropics where the tempreture sits around 38 degrees centigrade for 3/4 of the year, cold weather is what I'm dreaming of!

No comments: