Friday, June 12, 2009

Farbenmix Feliz





I love how this dress has turned out - it's a great pattern, fairly straight forward (well, with the online instructions anyhow - the photo tutorial was a godsend as I doubt it would have been quite as easy or turned out quite as well.)

The dress is made up out of cotton poplin(?) from Spotlight as I didn't want to cut into any "good" fabric until I knew how it would turn out (aka: botched job)

This would have to be the longest it has taken me to put a dress together - I blame it on all those ruffles at the back as I did not have a ruffling foot and did them by hand. They really were not that hard to do but it was not my favorite part. As there were no instructions for the ruffles included with the pattern I think I may have positioned them incorrectly (they are different from in the photo tute) but I still love how it looks anyhow.
As I'm new to blogging I still have yet to work out how to put my photos and text in the order that I want them.

3 comments:

toadstooldots said...

Congratulations to this cute Feliz and the new blog! Looks very nice.

Mandy said...

This is a beautiful dress. Well done. I am going to have to get this pattern and give it a go.

Tin Can Daisy said...

I love it - such a pretty choice of colours and I really like how you've done the ruffles.