Thursday, June 25, 2009

Swimwear - not so scary

These are not for me - though it would be nice to fit into them . My oldest dd asked me to make her a pair of swimmers and as I have not made anything for her yet I thought I had better give it a go though the thought of sewing lycra had me worried. Anyhow, seems my fears were unfounded as these swimmers came together quite easily - most of the sewing was done on the overlocker and finished off on the sewing machine (which was somewhat painful as my machine appears to have an aversion for knit fabric and elastic - the bobbin thread was knotting with the top thread and pulling through the front of the fabric if I sewed any faster than at crawl speed)

The pattern is McCalls 8813 - I would use it again as there are three different style tops and 2 different style pants. This is a size 10, though I'm not sure what the entire size range is.

No modelling shot of this one - dd refused (which is fair enough - she usually wears her swimmers under a tank top and board shorts) though dd 9 did offer to,lol.

No comments: