Monday, July 20, 2009

Pink patchwork pillow






I really need to think of a way to come up with more interesting titles. Seeing that I have been neglecting my blog for the past few weeks due to technical difficulties with my computer I thought that I should get my act in gear and post some photos of what I have been doing with my time since exiled from the net,lol.

I got the idea for this pillowcase from a cushion that Clo from Sew2bHappy made. As my dd's have been complaining that their bedrooms are "boring" I thought I'd try and give them somewhat of a make over - starting with their beds I have started on the pillowcases - don't ask how long it will take for a matching quilt, I'm pretty slow at getting things finished and with 5 children it could take me a few years (I kid you not!)

The design was basically made up as I went along - starting off with just the name and then adding some embroidery and then thought I'd use up what scraps I had laying around to do the patchwork sections. The only part I had to purchase was the fabric around the outside borders and for the back of the pillow case as my stash is lacking in plain fabrics.

Now I only have 4 to go.......

4 comments:

willow and moo said...

Jo, the pillowcase is STUNNING!!!!

Love, love, love it!!!

Amber said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jo! Your daughter should sleep so snug with her new pillow case....it is obvious there is so much love put into it!

cherri said...

Gorgeous Johanna!

Unknown said...

Jo your hand stitching is beautiful, Oh how I wish I could do that too. Soo nice. Gorgeous pillow.